The key to effective tax advice is good communication
Effective tax advice should always be simple to understand and implement. That is why we believe good communication is an essential part of our service to you. It is because we ask the right questions and listen to what is said that we are able to sort out what is best for you. We want to get to know you and your business.
Our advice and recommendations are always delivered in plain English, we cut out the tax jargon leaving you with strategies that are easy to follow. Our tax advice is timely and relevant, we always keep you in the loop and at the forefront of tax changes.
Why choose Global Tax Consulting?
100% dedicated to expatriate and employment tax
- Your expatriate and employment tax is our priority, it’s all we do.
- You receive proactive tax advice because we continually invest our time and resources to educate ourselves.
- We keep things simple and easy for you to follow. Tax isn’t rocket science and it should never feel that way.
Unbeatable in-house experience
- Unlike other expatriate and employment tax advisors, we have valuable in-house experience with several large listed companies and a large privately owned multinational company.
- We always take a commercial approach in addition to simply providing technically sound advice.
No surprises, just great value for money
- Warren Buffett famously quoted, ‘Price is what you pay, value is what you get’. At Global Tax Consulting, you will always receive value for money.
- You receive extra services within our standard scope that our competitors refer to as ‘out of scope'.
- We work on a fixed fee basis, so your costs will always be predictable.
Simply better service than our competitors
- We aim to out-service our competitors, always.
- You get ‘real’ time with us. Unlike other large accounting firms, we don’t get distracted by KPIs, bonuses and unproductive admin. We invest our time in getting to know you and providing value-added services.
- Large organisation or a single individual client? You will always have direct access to the principal of the business.
Ernie is a Chartered Accountant with over 11 years experience in expatriate and employment taxes and global mobility management. Ernie is a registered tax agent and holds a Certificate of Public Practice in Australia. Prior to establishing Global Tax Consulting, Ernie gained his private practice experience at big 4 accounting firms, Ernst & Young and Deloitte, and top 10 multinational accounting firm, PKF.
Having worked on large clients based in Australia and abroad, Ernie is experienced in being part of a lead engagement team and coordinating large global mobility programs.
As well as being an external tax advisor, Ernie has also gained valuable industry experience as a contractor with Transfield Services Limited, SKILLED Group Limited (Australia’s largest employment agency employing more than 50,000 workers in a given year) and SMEC (formerly known as the Snowy Mountain Engineering Corporation), acting as their internal expatriate and employment tax specialist. This has resulted in a deeper understanding of the commercial outcomes of what clients want in addition to simply providing technically sound advice.
Ernie has extensive experience in dealing with tax and business planning matters in respect to fly-in-fly-out (FIFO) projects. Ernie’s most notable FIFO experience includes advising a leading oil and gas company on its Australian FIFO population to PNG as part of the PNG LNG project.
Ernie is passionate about expatriate issues and advancing the field of global mobility; he is a regular presenter at various international human resource seminars and forums, previous employment tax editor of ‘The Smart Tax Handbook’, published several articles and made submissions to Treasury on key law reform proposals. Ernie is also a steering committee member for the Melbourne Chapter of the Forum for Expatriate Management, which is part of a global network of professionals working in expatriate management, organising events to facilitate education on global mobility issues.
We'd love to hear from you, there is absolutely no commitment on your part.Contact Us