We understand that in order for a business to thrive, it needs to attract the best employees. Our expatriate and employment tax specialist team ensure that you are offering your executives the best package possible whilst minimising costs and exposure to taxation.
Whether you are an employer with an established expatriate program or just sending your first expatriate employee, we are here to assist you and your employees.
Are you an existing business in Australia with a globally mobile workforce?
Do you have established expatriate policies or do you have a less structured approach?
Are you an employer from overseas looking to establish a business in Australia?
Have you considered the employment tax obligations of sending expatriate employees to Australia?
Does your payroll team have the right training to deal with expatriate tax matters?
Do you struggle with compliance obligations for expatriate and/or employment tax matters?
We’re here to help
Employment related tax issues can be particularly challenging to manage. These challenges are magnified for businesses with a globally mobile workforce. We aim to reduce the burden of compliance of our business partners in providing compliance and consulting services at each stage of the assignment lifecycle as follows:
- Review assignment contracts and provide recommendations on tax effective remuneration structuring
- High net wealth international tax planning for senior executives
- Preparation of assignment cost projections for budgeting purposes
- Conduct tax briefings with departing or arriving assignees
- Provide advice on superannuation guarantee charge obligations, payroll tax implications and workcover obligations for new
- Preparation of individual income tax returns for inbound and outbound employees
- Preparation of tax equalisation or tax reconciliation calculations
- Preparation of Fringe Benefits Tax return
- Provide proactive advice and planning considerations for changes to tax law
- Provide payroll calculations and advice on implementation
- Ensure all tax filing obligations are finalised
- Review and advise on any departing Australian superannuation payments claimable
- Prepare final tax equalisation or tax reconciliation settlements
External advisor vs Integrated solution
We are flexible in how we provide the above services. We can be engaged as external advisors or where appropriate, we can be contracted to work internally with our clients and become integrated with your business. From past experience, we believe the latter approach has yielded the best results for our clients as we develop a deeper understanding of your business and therefore provide a more personalised solution.
We'd love to hear from you, there is absolutely no commitment on your part.Contact Us